Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 1: Chest & Back, and Ab Ripper X

CHEST & BACK
I started this DVD knowing that this wasn't going to be good. Push-ups and pull-ups are my weaknesses. I modified the exercises by doing all push-ups on my knees and used a chair to assist with my pull-ups. I used 15 lbs weights for the exercises that involved free weights. I also took longer breaks between each move, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do any reps for the next exercise. I felt like Jell-o after the first run-through. I decided to take an extended break to recover, so I could come back strong for the 2nd time. Still, I crapped out during the second run-through despite my break. Now that it's said and done, I can really feel it in my arms, and I'm afraid of how they're going to feel tomorrow...

AB RIPPER X
I couldn't do 25 reps for most of the moves. In fact, I couldn't do any of the feifer scissors. Overall, this was a hard workout. It was one move to the next. It'll be nice when I can finally keep up with the video!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your link on the Weightloss HQ boards. I'm starting tomorrow so I'll be a day behind you but look forward to reading what I'm going to be in for.

    ReplyDelete