Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 3: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X

I'm so freaking sore! Plyo worked me a little harder than I thought! My upper legs are absolutely killing me. It hurts to climb stairs, to sit down, and to get up from being seated. Oof! I had to give myself a pep talk to do today's workout, I must admit!

Okay, so the shoulders and arms routine was good. I really liked it. I chose slightly lower weights to pace myself, since I believe I went a little too hard during the chest and back day, which may be why I struggled to finish sets. However, I found the side tri-rise difficult, especially when using my left arm. I'm not sure it that's because it was the last exercise of the video or because it was slightly awkward. Also, I suggest starting out with a low weight for in & out straight-arm shoulder fly. I used 5 lbs for each shoulder and it was still painful to finish the set. Or maybe I just have really weak shoulders.

On a side note, I bought some POWERade Zero, because I try not to take in any calories from liquids, but wanted something to give me some electrolytes. So far, I've tried mixed berry...pretty good! I recommend it if you're looking for a sports drink that has no calories.

3 comments:

  1. i agree on that side tri exercise! Dreya is a maniac!!! Nice job today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that I didn't think about that POWERade Zero!!! What a good idea!!! Great job pushing yourself to do your workout... During my first 2 weeks I was so sore that I felt like giving myself an extra "rest day", but it does get better... Not EASIER, but definitely better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the side tri exercise today.. that was definitely the hardest for me.

    ReplyDelete