Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5: Legs & Back, and Ab Ripper X

I forgot how much I hate lunges. Oh, and I hate the wall squat! This definitely was not a fun workout for me. I much prefer machines for legs (hopefully that'll change as I become stronger and thus less frustrated). I really like to complain, huh?

For those of you who are further along in your P90X journey, at what point were you starting to do pull-ups without the use of a chair (assuming you weren't able to do pull-ups to begin with)? As of now, I do all pull-ups with the assistance of a chair, but I was debating on purchasing a resistance band to help facilitate the process of doing pull-ups on my own. Meaning, I do as many assisted pull-ups as possible, then do extra with a band. However, if using a chair is effective on its own to enable you to do pull-ups, say, after a month, then I won't bother getting a new band.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't an additional Ab Ripper X workout. I think it would've been nice to have some variation, considering we do it 3 times a week.

I tried the strawberry POWERade Zero. That one is pretty good too. Almost tastes like slightly watered-down Kool-Aid.

2 comments:

  1. Stick with the pullup bar and chair. It is a much better workout than with the bands. I tried both ways and really they aren't even close.

    I used the chair for almost the entire 90 days. The key is to move the chair further away from your body - straighter your leg, the harder the pullup will be. Keep moving it with each workout and eventually you won't need it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreee with Jeff... I tried out my pull-up bar for the first time last night, and oh my gosh could I tell a difference!!! Using bands is good, but I really wore myself out when using the pull-up bar. I guess it just depends on preference, though...

    Legs and Back will start to become one of your favorites, though, if you give it some time. You'll see some really great results with your leg muscle toning up quicker than your upper body... At least that's been the consensus with other people doing the program that I've talked to!!! My husband noticed it in my legs first, too.

    ReplyDelete