Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 9: Plyometrics

I love plyo! Love it. I'm thinking this is my favorite workout. Again, this time around was easier. I took less breaks than I did last week. But I still got my sweat on and my face was flushed afterwards. I feel great! The best part of the video is the very end when the exercises are more sports-specific. There were certain moves I took slightly easier, like the Mary Katherine lunges, because I had noticed that my right hamstring was in some pain when I had it stretched. After I was done with plyo, I took a shower, and, as I was shaving my legs (TMI?), I saw a bruise on my right hamstring about 2 inches in diameter. That would explain the pain I had felt!

In addition to P90X, I've been hitting the new wellness center my school has built to do some running on the treadmill and use machines. The machines I use are specific to what P90X has scheduled for me that day. For instance, yesterday was chest and back day, so I used machines that worked those areas. I miss machines!

Last POWERade Zero review...I tried grape today, and it tastes like medicine. Not cool, man. Not cool. Come out with more flavors, please!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah week 2! It is starting to seem easier but still challenging. I'm looking forward to plyo tomorrow to see how it differs from the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. I just started P90X! Feel free to check out my first BLOG ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are a day ahead of me so I can come check in here are know what to expect =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sports stuff at the end too, but mostly because it means I can start to relax! There is definitely something fun about shooting jump shots even though I never in my life played basketball!

    ReplyDelete