Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 4: Yoga X

I was really looking forward to doing yoga today, despite my lack of flexibility. I'm still a little sore all over, so I figured yoga would be a more low-intensity workout than the others, and I wanted to stretch out my tight muscles! However, I was a bit disappointed in it in some aspects. The first 30-45 minutes or so were a little boring to me, probably because a lot of it was repeating the same positions over and over (or so it seemed to me). Because of this, it felt like forever for this video to end. I had some difficulty with maintaining balance with some of the positions, and I don't have great form yet, because I'm so inflexible (I can't straighten my legs, can't touch my toes, etc.). Due to this, I think I may pick up some yoga blocks for the standing positions where you have to touch the floor...I can't remember which position it was, but I saw one of the guys using the yoga block for it. I just have to keep pushing through with it, and keep telling myself that I'll become more flexible and yoga will be less frustrating for me.

On the other hand, I loved how it all made my muscles feel! The stretching hurt because of how sore I am, but it was a good hurt. After completing it, I don't feel as sore anymore. Awesome! I really think yoga will be my "I hate it, but I love it" workout.

Another side note: I really like how Tony constantly reassures his viewers that it's okay to take more/longer breaks than what's allotted in the videos. That, and how he'll even stop in the middle of a set and take a mini-break before finishing. It's nice to see that even these insanely ripped people aren't perfect either. Additionally, I like all the modified moves...it seems as though they generally provide 3 modifications per exercise to make it easier, moderate, or harder. Good work P90X!

4 comments:

  1. Yoga has got to be my least favorite workouts with P90X... I really have to motivate myself to do it, because I can already notice a difference in my flexability. That being said, I get the pants bored out of me, and I start to really dislike Tony for making it look so darn easy. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying the cat pictures you add to the blogs. They are good for a laugh. Hopefully one day we'll be flexible and enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Tony does that too! I loved yoga but that was only because it reminded me of a class I took once and loved. I need blocks too! I can't believe I can't touch my toes anymore. I was a dancer growing up, so my lack of flexibility is appalling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to read all the posts about YogaX. I was afraid I was the only one struggling through that routine. This is only my second week, so I've only had one opportunity to try it, but I had to start it twice and never finished it :(

    Maybe this week will be better!

    ReplyDelete