Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 23: Core Synergistics

This is a fun workout, despite my inability to do...um...ANYTHING. It was really, really frustrating. My form was awful for almost everything. My banana rolls are far from graceful. All the people in the video transition so nicely. I had to push off to get to the next roll. And Bow to Boat? Pathetic! I can't change these positions smoothly. I didn't even attempt the Chaturanga Run...just the Plank Run.

The guide said you could use bands or weights for this video, so I packed my resistance bands since I wasn't going to bring weights with me while visiting my parents. However, the majority of the exercises didn't work with resistance bands, so I didn't get a whole lot of those exercises. That was a major bummer.

Obviously, when I get stronger and better at these exercises, I think Core Synergistics will be one of my favorite workouts, because I feel like it's a mixture of everything, so it's harder to become bored with it.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if it will help, but I always try to lead with my head on the banana/superman transitions, seems to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Core Syn. this morning - sounds like I had a similar workout. I found I was constantly stopping the video and backing it up to look at the form again. I'm sure I looked like a fish out of water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time through Core Syn is always like that. But once you get used to the moves, it is a really great workout. Probably one of my top 3 favs in all of P90X and P90X+. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one who was having trouble!

    ReplyDelete